If you are an avid eBook reader, you would certainly invest in software or tools that can help you have the best possible reading experience. With eBook readers being so rampant these days, many would expect a rise in the demands for electronic tools and devices with smart and modern features designed having eBook readers in mind.
It was in the year 2007; when Amazon, a well-known internet commerce company, exclusively introduced a $399 worth electronic book reader known as Kindle. This is a small and hand-held device created for reading books. This was created by a popular and one of the leading online retailers Amazon. Instead of downloading a MP3 player or iPod with music, you download books through wireless technology on Kindle and then read them on this. The latest Kindle model is Paperwhite, with a touchscreen feature.
Kindle’s Outstanding Features of Kindle
Kindle is noted for its great functionality and robust operating system. This got a colored screen and provided basic features like video and music stream and e-reader. This electronic device is so easy to use and extremely portable and lightweight. You can even keep a large number of books on Kindle. This features around a 6-inch screen for users to read from, and a small keyboard is allowing users to perform online searches and other related web-based activities.
The majority of individuals use WiFi connection in downloading books in their Kindle, but the more expensive and newer model comes with a 3G phone technology. This makes it highly possible to download books to Mac or PC then transfer these to Kindle through USB cable.
Key Features and Benefits of Kindle
The following are the key features of Kindle and the benefits you can get from this electronic device:
- Clear fonts and texts and sharp display. What you actually see looks similar to a book page
- Stores up to about 1,400 books
- Size of texts are adjustable
- High contrast and a special screen allowing readers to read well despite bright sunlight without glare
- At least one-month battery life if WiFi is off
- Built in 3G or WiFi connection
- Page-turning feature to make you feel like you are using or reading real books
- Perfectly integrates with Twitter and Facebook and permits Wikipedia searching
- Kindle never heats up just like your laptop
- Automatic archive function and you can instantly delete books then download them some other time
- Books can be stored or categorized as collections
- Capable of reading magazines, web pages, and newspapers too
- The screen can be easily rotated for much better viewing of maps, diagrams, and pictures
- Users are free to add their own annotations to texts
- The in-built keyboard that allows searching
- Password protection
- Automatic bookmark
- Built-in Oxford English dictionary
With all these positive points about Kindle, you will surely be convinced top shift now and make use of this amazing electronic device instead. This is a valuable investment, especially if you are seriously into eBook reading. You can also rely on this device in terms of many other great functions. … Read the rest